The National Alliance of Children’s Trust and Prevention Funds (Alliance) is the national training center for Better Together: Building Blocks to Successful Partnerships. This includes technical assistance in developing parent partnerships and a workshop initially developed by Casey Family Programs.
Better Together: Building Blocks to Successful Partnerships
The Alliance works with organizations and community groups interested in hosting Better Together workshops in their local areas. This is a two-day experiential workshop that fosters equal, mutually respectful partnerships among foster parents, birth parents and staff.
The core components of the program include:
- The benefits of partnering with constituents
- Key aspects of meaningful partnerships
- The value of interacting with other participants to learn from each other and understand others’ perspectives
- Exploring culture as it relates to foster care and meaningful partnerships
- The importance of developing a vision of effective partnerships by discussing the skills needed and identifying the barriers and bridges to partnerships.
Please email: email@example.com for more information on how the Alliance can assist you in bringing Better Together to your community or state.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to open a PDF document. To download this free software, please click here.