State Children’s Trust and Prevention Funds
Working together to prevent child abuse and neglect
The Alliance is the national membership organization for state children’s trust and prevention funds. Together we have created a strong national network that works to strengthen families, promote child well-being, build healthy communities and effective systems to prevent child abuse and neglect.
Together we deliver results
State children’s trust and prevention funds:
- Provide positive changes in systems, policies and practices in their states to promote well-being for children, families and communities.
- Hold vital and unique roles in their states as funders, collaborators, catalysts, implementers, overseers and evaluators of the largest collective body of child abuse prevention work in the country.
- Invest $200 million each year in community-based and statewide prevention and family strengthening strategies and programs.
- Provides foundational support to a dynamic national network of children’s trust and prevention funds.
- Creates trainings, tools, peer-networking opportunities and other resources for state children’s trust and prevention funds to use.
- Leverages state children’s trust and prevention funds local contributions to create a national knowledge base of workable prevention programs.
From the Field (CTF Blog)
Children’s Trust Funds Provide Supports During COVID-19
State children’s trust and prevention funds are working hard to help families meet the sudden challenges they face because of COVID-19. To learn more about state and local programs that are being supported by the state CTFs and the Alliance, please read these stories from the field.
This pandemic is having a big impact on Alaska's children. Families are facing unprecedented stress levels, and with no school, child care or after school programs and sports, some of Alaska's most reliable reporters of child abuse are no longer in contact with...read more
As many families deal with the new challenges related to COVID-19, infants are now being born into a uniquely challenging environment. The Wisconsin Child Abuse and Prevention Board is committed to reducing the incidence of Abusive Head Trauma by raising awareness...read more
State Children’s Trust Funds (CTFs) and their partners across the country are helping families weather this storm together. The challenges are daunting, and families that never thought they would need assistance are asking for help, often from community-based services...read more
The Georgia Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS) has created a tool with helpful information and resources for families and caregivers. Called "Successful Parenting During the Coronavirus Pandemic," the document promotes Strengthening Families Georgia and...read more
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
The Prevention and Community Support Section
Roger Sherman, Executive Director
Idaho Children’s Trust Fund
The Alexander House
304 W. State St.
Boise, ID 83702
Brenda Marotto, Interim Executive Director
New Hampshire Children’s Trust
10 Ferry St, Suite 307
Concord, NH 03301
Phone: (603) 224-1279
Fax: (603) 223-9847
New Jersey Task Force on Child Abuse and Neglect
Office of Communications and Public Affairs
Director, Family Support Programs
Department of Children, Youth, and Families
P.O. Box 40970
Olympia WA 98504-0970
Phone: (360) 464-0272