State Children’s Trust and Prevention Funds
Working together to prevent child abuse and neglect
The Alliance is the national membership organization for state children’s trust and prevention funds. Together we have created a strong national network that works to strengthen families, promote child well-being, build healthy communities and effective systems to prevent child abuse and neglect.
Together we deliver results
State children’s trust and prevention funds:
- Provide positive changes in systems, policies and practices in their states to promote well-being for children, families and communities.
- Hold vital and unique roles in their states as funders, collaborators, catalysts, implementers, overseers and evaluators of the largest collective body of child abuse prevention work in the country.
- Invest $200 million each year in community-based and statewide prevention and family strengthening strategies and programs.
- Provides foundational support to a dynamic national network of children’s trust and prevention funds.
- Creates trainings, tools, peer-networking opportunities and other resources for state children’s trust and prevention funds to use.
- Leverages state children’s trust and prevention funds local contributions to create a national knowledge base of workable prevention programs.
From the Field (CTF Blog)
Proven prevention programs
State children’s trust and prevention funds promote primary prevention which contributes to the goal of promoting strong families and communities. To learn more about state and local programs that are being supported by the state CTFs and the Alliance, please read these stories from the field.
Picture link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156680444533899&type=1&l=f309603b2a This year was a major milestone for the Alaska Children’s Trust (ACT) – we celebrated our 30th anniversary. Nearly 40 years ago, the first Trust was created in...read more
At our 2017 annual meeting in Little Rock, many of our members shared their desire to work more closely with fathers. This article highlights three states - Alabama, Minnesota and Texas – where there are active and successful fatherhood programs. If you would like to...read more
Strengthening Families Washington (SFWA), a team within the Department of Children, Youth, and Families (DCYF) in collaboration with Perinatal Support Washington (PS-WA), a state-wide non-profit dedicated to lifting the veil on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders...read more
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA